Friday, July 24, 2020

Reading Right Now! (264)

Nothing really exciting this week, or at least nothing new, but I'm gonna tell you anyway! What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 


American Royals (#1) by Katharine McGee -- I'm over halfway through and I'm enjoying it. I like how far this What If game was taken. The author really used her imagination and put some thought into how royalty in America would work.
I'm liking the story. It speeds along. There's a lot of drama. It really does feel like Gossip Girl, but not as risky.
We follow four characters (all girls) Beatrice the next Queen of America, her little sister Sam the spare, Nina who is Sam's best friend and wants to stay out of the spotlight, and Daphne who is the ex-girlfriend of the Prince of America, and will do anything to get him back. There's a lot of relationship drama in this book. I almost wish that Prince Jefferson had his POV in this too.
Also, the author is very nice. She's commented on my instagram pictures before, which is always a special feeling.

The Duchess Deal (#1) by Tessa Dare -- I feel like I would be reading this one faster if I wasn't trying to do the whole two books at once thing. I'm enjoying this a lot. It's a very easy writing style to just fly through. I enjoy the banter. I love a marriage of convenience trope. It's very steamy. It's fun. I'm just putting it out there that you might see more historical romance, or romance in general, on this blog.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment