Friday, August 14, 2020

Reading Right Now! (267)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


The Little Shop of Found Things (#1) by Paula Brackston -- This is the fourth book for my NEWTs Magical Readathon. I'm using it for my Herbology A Level, which is to read a book with flowers on the cover. I'm enjoying it, but it's not a book that I can fly through. The writing takes a little bit to get into, to focus on. The first chapter was very slow for me, but I did get into it once I passed that mark.
This story is about Xanthe, who runs an antique business with her mother. She also has a ability to see the stories and life of old objects. She is pulled to one antique very strongly, and in trying to find its story, she's pulled back in time to save a young girl. I like old stuff and I'm a sucker for time travel.
I haven't been doing too well with the reading this week. I think it's a combo of a slower moving book and me just getting distracted by everything. I'm liking this book though, I don't want to give you the impression that I don't. It's not going to be a five star, but it's not bad. It's just a book that I have to focus on more.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment