Tuesday, March 2, 2021

February Wrap Up and March Deck of TBR 2021

 I'm doing a little bit of a mash up here with my February Wrap Up and my March Deck of TBR!
I didn't read as much as I thought I would in February. Let me rephrase, I read in February, but I didn't finish as many books as I thought I would. Is it the older I get, the slower I read? I hope that's not true, because that would suck. I remember finishing so many books when I was a kid, but those books were shorter and had more space between the lines. Maybe I read about the same pace. I don't know.
I also tried experimenting with reading two books at the same time. So far, my experiment has yielded that it does not make me a faster reader and I don't finish more books doing that. I'll continue on with the experiment anyway, until I decide I don't want to anymore.
In February I read 5 books. I really thought it would be a higher number.




Ride Hard (Raven Riders #1) by Laura Kaye -- This was okay. What I didn't know is that it's a spin off to another series called Hard Ink and it references things that happened in another book. I found that a little annoying because I thought I was starting a new series. The romance was ehh. I felt the age difference in the beginning of the book. Our main girl was just so young and innocent feeling. Some of the sexy times came out of left field and didn't feel the most natural. I guess I liked it better as I got toward the end. I'll probably continue on with the series. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5
 
The Ravens (#1) by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige -- YA Witches. I liked it well enough. It was a story that kept me entertained and I'd definitely check out the sequel. It's not the darkest or most intense of stories, but overall, it was a decent time. 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5


The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (#1)  by Theodora Goss -- I loved this! What a great surprise. It was told in a way that I really liked. It had some humor to it, some mystery. It's a great girl gang, found family sort of thing. I've got the next book and I can't wait to get into it. This was my favorite of the month. Such a jewel. 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5!

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton #2) by Julia Quinn -- Another book I really enjoyed. I loved the antagonism between our two characters, Anthony and Kate. I was just smiling through so much of the story. I can't wait to see how they bring it to the screen. After they got together, the banter died down a lot, which made me sad. I like when they mess with one another. I can't wait to get my hands on the next Bridgerton Book which is Benedict's story. I really like him in the show version.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5



Heart of Brass (#1) by Kate Cross -- This one was okay. I don't know if I was feeling as much from the romance as I could have. This also had a lot going on in it. A killer targeting well bred debutantes, a missing husband who comes back after seven years with no memory and is now an assassin on a mission to kill his wife who he doesn't know is his wife, and something going on in the secret group of agents known as Wardens. There's a lot! I liked it enough to continue with the series. This one is a steampunk.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.3/5

My March 2021 Deck of TBR!
I got this TBR game idea from BooksWithMaddi on Youtube
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment