Friday, March 19, 2021

Reading Right Now! (293)

 What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro and Emily Henry -- This is definitely a fast read. I'm liking it okay. I don't necessarily agree with these two girls decisions. I don't really like the no big deal vibes they give to stealing. I think they should have been caught a lot quicker then is currently happening. Their car choice was not smart. Lucille, I just don't buy her all the way. She acts too tough girl, and then she judges Winona for the same kind of stuff that she does. Maybe it doesn't look as cool or attractive when you see someone else doing it. This might just be because I'm not young and carefree like these two are and I'm reading it from older, more judgemental eyes. This trip that they are on feels more like fantasy then real life. I don't really feel the urgency, the danger that I think Winona and Lucille should be feeling. 
This does have an abusive parent/abusive situation and reading those chapters really did make me feel uncomfortable. 
I've heard this is supposed to be a Thelma and Louise kind of thing. I'm thinking this might just turn out to be a meh read for me. I'm over 200 pages in.

Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust -- This is a slower read, but I'm interested. I like the kind of fairytale feel it has to it and I'm interested to see where it's going to go.

And that is what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment