Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Reading Wrap Up: January 2022

 Why not, Why not do my January Wrap Up in the middle of February :D
2022 has not been super great for reading so far. Whenever a new year comes, I always think I'm just going to read all the books.
I finished four books in January. It's personally a little disappointing. I wanted to read so much more. Get a real lead when it comes to my Goodreads Reading Challenge, which I actually set for less than I did 2021. None of the books I read were bad, I just didn't prioritize reading like I should. I wasted time scrolling on my phone. Although, I have found out that I do enjoy Reading Sprints on Booktube. I never really used to watch them, but I tuned into one, and I did find that it helped me concentrate and read.
So, here's what I read in January 2022.

To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgerton #5) by Julia Quinn -- Bridgerton is so much fun. I'm continuing on with the series, and I read Eloise's story. I love Eloise on the show, she's pretty fun in the books too. I liked this book, but I kind of wanted a little more for Eloise's love story. I don't think I would have thought this would be the way she found love. Phillip took a little while to become swoon worthy. He was interested in a marriage of convenience, someone to take care of his kids and his house, which doesn't scream romance. I loved the banter. It was a lot of fun when the other Bridgerton's came to visit. I can't wait to watch Bridgerton Season 2 on Netflix, March 25!! They released the second teaser trailer and it looks so good! 
I've got the next book in the series checked out from the library, Francesca's story!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

Namesake (Fable #2) by Adrienne Young -- With this, I finished a series. Yayy! It's a duology. I think there is a book that is set in this same world, but it follows someone else. This is a pirate book. I love pirate books. This series was pretty good. I think it did pirate books proud. It follows a girl named Fable who was abandoned by her father and struggled to survive and get her revenge. She has a special skill where gems sing to her, so she dives to get them. She makes her way onto a ship with a crew that doesn't want her at first, and her adventure starts. Really good. I'm definitely reading more from Adrienne Young.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

Wings of Ebony (#1) by J. Elle -- I got this from Netgalley and the Publisher for free for review. This was a miss for me. I was really looking forward to it, but it just didn't work for me. My main problem with it was the order it was told. The synopsis lays out a story that looks to have a strong beginning, middle, and end, but the actual book starts off a year after where it actually started. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but if you read it, you'll understand. I also didn't enjoy Rue that much. She just acts before she thinks. People are helping her with things, but she can be really rude to them. There was also a weird romance thing that was thrown in. I will read the sequel because I've got an arc of it, but I don't know what I'll feel about it. This first book was just disappointing.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5

Stolen (Otherworld #2) by Kelley Armstrong -- This is another series I continued and have been enjoying. This one was a lot stronger than the first book. We didn't have to worry about the world building, so we could get right into the action. I also liked that we were introduced to other creatures in the Otherworld. I'm excited to read more of it. The next book, we follow someone other then Elena, which will be fun. It's a paranormal romance series with witches, werewolves, demons, and more. It's good.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5

And that's all that I read in January 2022. I don't think there's one book that stands out as being my ultimate favorite. I'll try to keep these posts up for the year. I've read two books so far in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment