Friday, July 6, 2012

Reading Right Now! The Girl in the Steel Corset By Kady Cross

The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)
Title: The Girl in the Steel Corset
Author: Kady Cross
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Released: 2011

According to the math genius of goodreads pg 317 of 473 pages = 67% done

This is my first foray into the genre known as Steampunk and I'll just say that I am sort of loving the steampunk world. I'm really enjoying this book. I know I've been reading it for awhile, I seem to be in a little bit of a reading slump. Whenever I pick up this book, I devour at least 100 pages it's just that I don't pick up the book as often as I should.
Anyway this book is pretty fantastic so far. I love the steampunk world. The Victorian Era past mixed with this cool sort of technology. The facial piercings some of the character's have threw me off a little, but I guess I've gotten somewhat used to it. But the world/setting is really cool.
The book started off with a bang and it's slowed down to a steady chug. I'm on the fence about the character of Finley. In some parts she's really cool, in others she's kinda dull. I know she has this thing where there are two completely different sides to her personality. I think I would just enjoy it more if the personalities were merged sooner. The rest of the cast of characters are pretty cool also. The only one who annoys me is Sam. He is described in the synopsis as being part robot, but in actuality he's more the Bionic Man or something. He's not a robot, he was just so badly injured that some of his bones and body parts had to be replaced with steel. He is more human than anything else, his emotional problems confirm that. Sam also annoys me b/c he's being sort of a baby in this book. Too many temper tantrums for my liking.
Well I've rambled enough. In short, I'm really enjoying The Girl in the Steel Corset. I starting to love the Steampunk genre and will definitely read more of it. The world is awesome. The character's are pretty cool and the storyline is interesting, if somewhat slow.
If you've never tried Steampunk before, then you should definitely check it out. Very enjoyable.
Well that's my thoughts for the moment. Expect a review when I finish. Hope your current read is super fantastic and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment