Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review of: Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton

Blood Harvest
Title: Blood Harvest
Author: S.J. Bolton
Published by: Minotaur Books
Released: 2010
Summary: The town of Heptonclough is full of secrets. 3 little girls have met with tragedy. The family of the Fletchers have just built a new house next to the old, crumbling church and graveyard. They have 3 kids, Tom who's 10, Joe who's 5, and little Millie who's 2. Tom gets the feeling that someone's always watching him and the family. Someone who might not be exactly normal. Someone also seems to be targeting Millie. Weird accidents start happening and the family is far from safe. The secret surrounding Heptonclough must be uncovered before another little girl is lost.
My Thoughts: I feel I should include a little bookish background, I really enjoy the books of Mary Higgins Clark, so when I learned S.J. Bolton was a Mary Higgins Clark Award nominee, I was excited. And this book did not disappoint. It started off a little slow, but I was quickly hooked. The creepy feeling of the book, the disembodied voices, and the new house built right by the cemetery within the moor. Creepy reading gold!
I enjoyed all the characters and was really hooked by the mystery. I really had no idea who done it until it was revealed. This book has lots of tension, suspense, and danger. Definitely a great, creepy read and I will be checking out more by this author.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Won't outright scare, but will creep one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment