Friday, January 9, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#17)

What I'm Reading Right Now! this week is...

Title: Pure (Covenant #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
I'm on page  158 of 329 which makes me about 48% done with the book.

So I finally decided to jump on the Jennifer L. Armentrout bandwagon by checking out the first three books in the Covenant series from my library.  I've heard such good things about Jennifer L. Armentrout and her books that I just had to go check some of them out. My review for Half-Blood, the first book in the series, will be going up early next week, and in my review I kinda confessed how I didn't absolutely love it like everyone else seems to. I mean, I thought it was okay, but it wasn't anything spectacular. Now reading Pure, I'm enjoying it more than the first book. Alex is still in training to catch up with her classmates. She spends her time between training with the sexy Pure Aiden and the Apollyon Seth. Everything is going fine, until a daimon attack occurs at the Covenant. With new rules and restrictions being enacted at the Covenant for the protection of the students, the Covenant has become a lot less fun. So I'm enjoying this second book in the series. I like the two love interests of Seth and Aiden and I'm kind of having a hard time choosing between the two of them. Seth has an appeal because he's fun. Aiden is sexy and intense. Hard choices.
My main problem with the series is Alex herself. I don't really like her so reading a book mainly from her perspective can get a little unenjoyable. I just think that Alex has a big mouth and is cocky, but she has no real skill to back it up. While reading, you hear how Alex has all this great fighting potential and innate skill, and then she gets in fights and loses badly and has to get someone to rescue her. Sometimes she just freezes during a life or death fight and I just wanted to yell at her so badly. What is she doing?? Get up and get the people who are trying to kill you instead of being so spectacularly useless. She just doesn't use her head and she annoys me soooo much. 
I really wish I was loving this series as much as the rest of the world does. Maybe if Alex wasn't such a cocky idiot, I would love it more.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading. Also tell me if you've read the Covenant series and what you thought of it. Am I just crazy or does Alex really annoy you as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment