Monday, June 29, 2015

Review: Through the Ever Night (Under The Never Sky Book #2) by Veronica Rossi


Title: Through The Ever Night (Under the Never Sky Book #2)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Published by: HARPER/Harper Collins Publishers
Released: 2013
Summary: Aria and Perry have the happiness of reunion, the pain of separation, and the weight of responsibility in this sequel to Under the Never Sky. Perry is now Blood Lord, charged with leading and protecting his people. Aria is struggling to find her place in this Aether ridden world, she is being blackmailed by Counselor Hess to find the whereabouts of the Still Blue. With a brief reunion, Perry and Aria must again separate to fulfill their responsibilities. Perry must figure out a way to keep his people alive. Aria and Roar go on a journey to the Horns to learn the location of the Still Blue and rescue Liv. The fate of everyone they love hangs in the balance as the Aether storms get stronger and the Still Blue is the only chance for survival. Can Perry and Aria save the ones they love?
My Thoughts: What a great sequel! I actually found this to be more enjoyable than Under The Never Sky. My main problem with the first book was I felt it started off rocky. Through the Ever Night started off great, had a great middle, and a great, not really ending but kinda, end. I just really enjoyed this one. The action was there from the first page and never let up. I loved getting to spend more time in this Aether ridden world. I also liked getting some explanation as to what caused the Aether. This was a fantastic sequel and makes me very excited for the grand finale.
What I love most about this series is probably the world. It is so brutal and yet beautiful. I could feel the danger each time an Aether storm hit and the funnels started raining down from the sky. The dangerous beauty of the world is just really awesome to experience.
I also really enjoyed Perry and Aria, and how each chapter switched between their point of views. It made for very fast reading and both of their stories were interesting. I almost kind of liked them better separated, because I didn't have to deal with their mushy, gushy romance as much. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Aria and Perry as a couple, but they do have a problem of being unable to keep their hands off each other.
So much action, danger, and suspense. Loved it! Something was always going on and I was never bored. And Yayy for a lot of time with Roar! But boy did my heart break for him. I'm hoping for a twist and surprise reappearance so he can be happy too.
Such a fun book and great sequel. This was better than the first book, really how a sequel should be done. Tons of action, romance, and danger. I can't wait to read the third book to see how it all ends. For those wanting an exciting journey, go check out this series.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Better than the first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment