Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Anticipated Pre-Orders for the Rest of the Year

Cheating, always cheating.
This week's Top 5 Wednesday is the Top 5 Anticipated Pre-Orders for the Rest of the Year. I've cheated yet again, because some of these books have already come out and some don't come out until 2016. I don't make a habit of pre-ordering books, I don't know why, I just don't. But I'm excited to get my hands on all these books and will pick them up at some point. So here are my picks!

 

  

1. The Devil's Only Friend by Dan Wells: This one I'm super duper excited for. I believe I have mentioned many times on my blog, or at least once, how much I love Dan Wells I Am Not A Serial Killer/John Wayne Cleaver series. I thought that I had finished the series when I read the third book last year. Then I found out that there were going to be 3 more books coming out continuing John Wayne Cleaver's story!!! Oh the excitement that I felt. Now for those of you that don't know what John Wayne Cleaver's story is about, shame on you *kidding*, he is a sociopath who has fantasies about killing people. As his story goes on, he changes into a person who kills in order to protect those he loves, kinda. So anyway, the third book ended and it had a definite ending, but there was the promise for something more to happen. This new book is categorized as the 4th in the series, but it kind of continues John's story several years later. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Such a good, sometimes disturbing, but mostly fun series.
2. Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I think this is the only one that really fits this week's topic parameters. It's the third book in the Starbound trilogy and it doesn't come out until December 2015. First off, such a pretty cover. All the book covers in this series are so pretty. I read the first book and loved it so much. I still need to read the 1.5 novella thing and the second book, but I'm excited to get my hands on the rest of this series and just devour it.
3. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson: Cheating, cheating I know, this one is technically out already, but I don't have it in my hands and the want is real. I loved the first book, the mystery, the romance, the epic guessing game of who is who, and I can't wait to see where the sequel goes. I've been hearing really good reviews from those that have already read it. Although they say that the ending will just leave you tearing your hair out for the next book. So I'm excited to get my hands on this one, but maybe I should wait until the third book is closer to coming out. We'll see if I can hold out that long, I probably can't, but we'll see.
4. Riders by Veronica Rossi: This one deserves a little explanation. Right now, I am reading the last book in the Under the Never Sky trilogy and am very much enjoying it. I knew that this was her first trilogy of books, so I wanted to see what she was coming out with next. This gem doesn't come out until 2016, but the want is strong. This sounds like a historical novel where a boy dies and then becomes one of the four horseman of the apocalypse. It sounds so good and I'm really enjoying Veronica Rossi's writing style and story telling.
5. The Cage by Megan Shepherd: Cheating again. This one is already out, but it's not in my hands and I want it. I like to think I have some semblance of self control that stops me from buying all the books. I'll probably pick up this one up from my library and I'll feel no shame about it. But anyway, I finished her Madman's Daughter trilogy this year and absolutely loved it, so of course I will now read anything else she writes. I believe this series involves aliens and captive humans. There might be a love triangle and other fun stuff. Yeah, I'm excited for this one. It's a new series from an author I really enjoy.

So that's it. That's my Top 5 Anticipated Pre-Orders for the Rest of the Year. If I'm honest, I totally cheated on this week's Top 5 Wednesday, and it's really just books that sound good and I want. What are your picks? I would love to know. Maybe it will give me more books to pine over. If you want to join in the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Every Wednesday, there's a new topic to ponder and enjoy. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!

No comments:

Post a Comment