Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Side Characters That Deserve Their Own Stories

Welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday. This week's topic is the Top 5 Side Characters That Deserve Their Own Stories. This one was a little hard for me. I could think up two at the top of my head, but I really had to think and investigate for the other three titles/characters. So I eventually came up with some characters that I would love to have their own stories. I would like to read their stories, I don't know if anyone else will agree with me, but I think each of these characters would have a very interesting story to tell. So, without further ado, here are my picks.

 

  

1. Roar from the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi: I love Roar. He was such a fun character in the Under the Never Sky trilogy. I loved him with Aria, I loved him with Perry, I just loved him all the time. I think Roar deserves his own story. He was actually the first character that came to mind when I was thinking about this topic. I would love for it to be a story set in the Still Blue, so we could get a little bit of future time catch up with Aria, Perry, and the Tides, but also maybe make it about Roar finding someone to love. I just felt so bad for him throughout most of the series because Roar isn't able to get the happy ending that everyone else does. He's alone and I want him to be happy. I think a story just about him finding the happiness he deserves would be so awesome and I would read that in a second.
2. The Marauders from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: I knew I wanted to give some character from the Harry Potter series their own story, but I had to think about which one I wanted to give. My first thought was Luna Lovegood because I love her, but I couldn't envision enough material for a whole book about her. And then of course I thought of continuing Harry's story with something about his adult life and work, but that's cheating because he's a main character. So eventually I went with a group that many people have agreed need their own story, and that is The Marauders: James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. It would just be a lot of fun to get a story about a past Hogwarts, a happier Hogwarts. Being able to witness James and Lily's love story, James and Sirius's friendship, the creation of the Marauder's map, all of that would be so awesome. And it would even be a little bittersweet to get some more of Snape's story. I just think a tale about the Marauders, in the Marauders' time at Hogwarts would be so much fun and every Harry Potter fan would go and buy that in a heartbeat.
3. Anna from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: This could be cheating, but I still kind of consider Anna as a side character. Even though the title of the book screams Anna, the story is more about Cas in my opinion. Like I think the series could go on with Cas chasing all kinds of ghosts and supernatural creatures. But I think I would like Anna's story before she met Cas. Her life, her death, and her time spent haunting the house. I think a story all about her could be fun and I would read it.
4. Rebecca from Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier: This pick would be very interesting to me because the readers never get to hear from Rebecca. Throughout the whole story, Rebecca haunts it, but we never get to meet her. I would love to get a kind of prequel story where we get Rebecca's love story and then the story where everything goes to crap. I think it could be fun. It'll never happen, but it would be interesting to read.
5. Ashley Cordova from Night Film by Marisha Pessl: My last pick is Ashley Cordova from Night Film because I was captivated by that whole story. Ashley's death is kind of what sets the whole thing into motion, but we never get to hear from her. Also, just being able to learn of her childhood growing up with a father like Stanislas Cordova, it would just be very cool to read. And it would be awesome to have some resolution to that ending, that ending that gave me more questions than answers. I don't know, I just think that story could be fun.

So those are my picks for this week's Top 5 Wednesday. Do you agree with any of my picks? What side characters do you think deserve their own story? I'd love to know. And if you want to join in with the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each week is a new, fun topic to ponder. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!


No comments:

Post a Comment