Friday, September 22, 2017

Reading Right Now! (133)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Bzrk (#1) by Michael Grant -- I'm a really big fan of Michael Grant, ever since I read his Gone series, which I LOVED so much! And I'm really excited because the Gone series is getting a kind of spin off series happening. It's going to be new characters, and after the events of Gone, but I can't wait to read it!
Anyway, since I loved Gone so much, I wanted to read other stuff that Michael Grant wrote. Bzrk is the start of a science fiction series, where two groups of people are at war, and the weapon is micro robots mixed with human DNA. I'm about 65% through and I'm mixed on this one. I'm not loving it as much as I loved the Gone series, so far. The first 30-40 pages were AWESOME! They were intense, and I thought it was going to be a great book! As the story goes on, it gets very convoluted and kind of confusing. There's a lot of characters. People are changing names. The reader is kind of thrown into this world of macro and micro, with these weird, tiny, robot-human hybrid things. And all the tiny robot scenes are kind of weird and gross. They remind me of that episode of The Magic Schoolbus where all the kids get shrunk and explore the human body. And it's also kind of creepy because they are messing with peoples' minds through these robots.
There's also been insta-love that happened and I don't know how I feel about it. The insta-love happened too quick and I'm not a fan of that.
I don't know. I want to love it because it's Michael Grant, but it's not doing it for me like the Gone Series did. It's too much stuff going on, too many names and people introduced, and the concept is just weird and icky. We'll see what happens, what I think, when I'm finished with it.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment