Friday, September 29, 2017

Reading Right Now! (134)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Queen of Hearts (#1) by Colleen Oakes -- Off With Her Head! This is an Alice in Wonderland re-imagining and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't had the best of luck with Alice in Wonderland  stories, they tend to be too weird for me, but I'm glad to say that this one is good so far. I'm about 75% ish of the way through. It's about Dinah, the future Queen of Hearts, and mysteries she encounters before she takes the throne. That's probably a horrible description. Whenever I think of the Queen of Hearts, I think of the Disney Alice in Wonderland  Queen of Hearts version, who was not a nice woman. I'm sympathizing with Dinah in this. I don't know if she'll turn out evil in the end, but right now I'm on her side.
My initial thoughts before finishing is that this is really good! I can't wait to finish it this weekend and am already planning to get my hands on the sequel. Also, the cover is just so cool looking. A+ for Design!

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment