Tuesday, September 12, 2017

#TheReadingQuest Progress Post #2

#TheReadingQuest is over, officially, and I didn't complete my quest...


Even though it's technically over, I'm going to continue on with it anyway. Since it's based on a video game format, I'm going to do my own thing. The way I rationalize it is that it takes me FOREVER to beat a video game. I'm that type that plays for awhile, gets stuck at some point, stops playing for a time, and eventually picks back up where I left of. So, I'm seeing #TheReadingQuest as just a big game. I would love to maybe finish all the Quests. I'm just going to keep making my way across the board.

For my ROGUE QUEST, I managed to finish three books in the allotted time. The Three Challenges I finished were:

A BANNED BOOK:


Gossip Girl (#1) by Cecily von Ziegesar

A BOOK COVER WITH A PARTIALLY OBSCURED FACE:


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

A BOOK WITH <500 RATINGS ON GOODREADS:


Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel

The two challenges that I didn't yet complete were A BOOK PUBLISHED BY A SMALL PRESS and A BOOK WITH A ONE WORD TITLE although I do have ideas of what I'm going to read for those.
So I failed at completing #TheReadingQuest in the time allotted, but I'm going to continue on anyway. I had a lot of fun taking part in it. If I was better at readathons, I might have succeeded and finished it, but I'm not. I might keep doing my progress posts because they are fun. Did you do #TheReadingQuest? If so, did you complete your Quest?

book cover images are from www.goodreads.com and the gif is from https://giphy.com/gifs/swamp-people-troy-tRJJmcOu5EBYk/links

No comments:

Post a Comment