Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September 2018 Wrap-Up

Here's everything I read in September 2018! I didn't read the most books in September, but I enjoyed a lot of the ones I read.

 
  

-- Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn -- BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5 -- Very Spooky! Had a Charles Manson kind of vibe to it. Shocking ending. I'm gonna read more by Ania Ahlborn.

-- Gemina (Illuminae #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff -- BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5 -- I LIKED THIS SO MUCH! I was a little under-whelmed by Illuminae, so I was kind of nervous going into Gemina, but I enjoyed this one a lot. I enjoyed the characters. And I think I just liked the premise better. Instead of a rogue AI, we had some pretty mean mercenaries taking over the ship. I'm excited to read Obsidion and see how everything ends.

-- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne -- BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5 -- Really, really cute and steamy. I liked it a lot. Not realistic at all when it came to what I think of a work environment, but I really enjoyed it.

-- The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones -- BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5 -- I wasn't blown away by this one. I really enjoyed the premise of it, but I don't think it ever really reached that cool potential. I wanted more danger and more action, and it had very small moments of it, but overall, it read more like a kind of contemporary story. I don't know. I really love Emily Lloyd-Jones superhero/super abilities series, so I was expecting more from The Hearts We Sold.

-- Nailbiter, Volume 5: Bound by Blood by Joshua Williamson, Mike Henderson, Adam Guzowski, John J. Hill, and Rob Levin -- BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5 -- This is a perfect Halloween read graphic novel. It's really violent, really dark, and I really like this series. There's only one more Volume left before it ends and I have all the answers!!

And that's my September 2018 Wrap-Up. What did you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment