Monday, January 13, 2020

Review: Always and Forever Lara Jean (#3) by Jenny Han


Title: Always and Forever Lara Jean (#3)
Author: Jenny Han
Published by: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Released: May 2017
Source: Book I Own

Synopsis: Lara Jean is having the best senior year.
And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.
Life couldn’t be more perfect!
At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.
Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to? (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: Excuse me while I go cry in a corner. I finished it. I can't believe I finished it. I mean, I can believe I finished it, because I binged the whole thing with no chill what-so-ever, but now I don't know what to do with myself. What do I do with myself?
It's been awhile since I've been as addicted to a series as I've been to the To All the Boys I've Loved Before Trilogy. I mean, it really took over. I got a little obsessed. I came to love the characters so much and I just loved witnessing their story. I didn't want it to end. I didn't want to leave them.
I loved this book, but I was also sad while reading this. I knew it was the last one. I knew that after this, I wouldn't get to see Peter and Lara Jean again. It was just a very bittersweet experience. 
I think that sadness also came from what was happening in the book. Always and Forever Lara Jean is really all about change and growing up. They are getting ready to graduate high school, go to college, life isn't the same after that. Especially high school life. These people that you've spent years growing up with and you're all separating. Going to different places. Most of these people you'll never see again. There's a kind of sadness in that.
I, like Lara Jean, am not good with change. She probably did better with it in this book than I did when it came to senior year of high school.
This book was in fast-forward. I didn't want it to go by as fast as it was.
Lara Jean and Peter had some really cute scenes in the first half, and then, of course, conflict had to happen. Ohh it made my heart hurt.
I love Lara Jean and Peter. I hated the uncertainty that was happening. I think, in the end, I wanted more closure. I wanted an epilogue. I want to see Lara Jean and Peter again. In my mind, Peter and Lara Jean stayed together and lived happily ever after.
So, now I'm done with this series that stole my heart and I'm not okay. I'm glad that I get more Netflix movies, because I'm going to need them.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5
What am I going to do with myself now??

No comments:

Post a Comment