Friday, October 30, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#41)

I'm trying a crazy thing this week, crazy for me at least, and reading two books at once. For those of you that don't know, I have a severe library addiction. This month, I realized how severe it really was and decided I needed to read more than one book at a time in order to try to get my book pile under control. I don't know if that will work out, but I'm gonna try it.
So anyway, here's what I'm Reading Right Now!

 

Willowgrove (Hemlock #3) by Kathleen Peacock: This is the last book in the Hemlock trilogy and it's a little bit of a bittersweet feeling for me. I really, really like this series. This series is also massively under-hyped. More people need to pick this up and love it too. Maybe people are turned off because they think this is just another paranormal werewolf series, but it's a lot more than that. I'm only about 100 pages in, but I'm definitely enjoying this. I'm hoping that I'm going to be happy with the overall ending. This series is a lot darker in tone and feeling than most of the other paranormal creatures books out there. 
Also, does anyone know if Kathleen Peacock has anything else in the works? I've visited her website and it seems like it hasn't been updated in a while. I really want her to have other projects in the works because I would definitely read them and be excited for them.

52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody: I've just started this one, about 30 pages in, so my opinion of it isn't concrete yet. This will be my first book by Jessica Brody. It looks like it could be funny. Like it could almost have a Clueless feel to it. It's about a rich girl who is constantly causing trouble for her family. She feels like her father is absent and doesn't really care for her, so she acts out. After her latest expensive escapade, her father tells her she won't get her trust fund until she can prove herself to be a responsible adult. She'll have to get a new minimum wage job every week for 52 weeks. Her father also hires a guy to keep an eye on her. 
I've heard that this book is going to be made into a movie, which was probably a big reason I wanted to read it.
So far, I've just gotten to the part where Lexie is complaining about her life and her family. She's unhappy, a bit bratty, and acting like a spoiled rich girl. I can definitely feel the hurt coming from her. I'm definitely interested to see where this goes.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're Reading Right Now! because I'm always curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment