Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review: Shadowlark (Skylark #2) by Meagan Spooner


Title: Shadowlark (Skylark #2)
Author: Meagan Spooner
Published by: Carolrhoda Lab
Released: 2013
Summary: After escaping the City and finding the Iron Wood, Lark's journey continues. She is still searching for her brother, trying to figure out just who and what she really is, and on the run from the City's minions. Lark stumbles across the City of Lethe, a place where Lark thinks she might find Sanctuary. But Lethe has problems of its own. Renewables must hide themselves, or be imprisoned by the secretive ruler Prometheus. Lark joins the Resistance and decides to use her gifts for good while protecting those that she cares about.
My Thoughts: After my first foray into Lark's world (in Skylark), I didn't really have the highest of hopes for the sequel. I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this one much more than I did the first. There was enough action, danger, and twists to keep me reading. Sure, Lark still annoyed me sometimes, but not half as much as she did in the first book.
I was glad to see Oren back because I like him and hope he has a good ending. I was also more interested in this world, this interesting City of Lethe, then I was ever interested in the confusing Wastelands of the first book. Having Lark be part of the Resistance was pretty fun too.
Overall, I enjoyed this book much more then I thought I would. I think it's much better than the first book. I still don't think it will ever get a place in my favorite series list, but it provided an enjoyable, sometimes entertaining journey.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Much better than the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment