Thursday, October 22, 2015

Review: Thornhill (Hemlock #2) by Kathleen Peacock


Title: Thornhill (Hemlock #2)
Author: Kathleen Peacock
Published by: Katherine Tegen Books
Released: 2013
Summary: Another action-packed book in the Hemlock trilogy. Picking up right after the events in Hemlock, Mac and Jason journey to Denver, Colorado to find their friend and bring him home. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, Kyle and Mac are captured and taken to one of the werewolf camps. At Camp Thornhill, they discover not is all as it seems. Werewolves are mysteriously disappearing and the warden is hiding dangerous secrets. Mack and Kyle must escape before it's too late.
My Thoughts: I loved Hemlock when I read it, so I was eagerly anticipating getting my hands on the sequel. And I am pleased to say that Thornhill was just as good. Full of action, romance, and danger. I really enjoyed this sequel. At times, I was thrown for loops by the twists, kept on the edge of my seat by the danger, and rooting for Mac and her friends. The short of it is that Kathleen Peacock has created a very enjoyable werewolf series that I really recommend.
I loved how Thornhill picks up right where Hemlock ended. I was able to get right back into the story and world without the feeling of missing anything.
I also really enjoyed the darkness and danger of the camp. In a way, it reminded me of one of Hitler's concentration camps. No one cars about these people infected by lupine syndrome, and because of that, they are easily disposable. Mac's scenes of entering the camp were frightening because it brought to mind how a whole race of people could be thought of as less than human.
I also really enjoyed all the action, it made for quick, enjoyable reading. I was on the edge of my seat wondering how Mac, Kyle and Jason were going to escape. Sometimes it did feel almost impossible for a 17 year old girl to get herself out of the situations Mac seemed to find herself in though.
As far as love triangles go, I'm torn. I like both Jason and Kyle, and don't know who should get her heart in the end. They both have aspects that would make them right for Mac.
So, I really enjoyed this book! Great sequel and I can't wait to see where the third one goes. This is just a fun werewolf series and I'm glad I found it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
A Howling Good Time (see what I did there ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment