Monday, October 19, 2015

Review: Y The Last Man: Volume 2: Cycles by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, and Jose Marzan Jr.


Title: Y The Last Man: Volume 2: Cycles
Created by: Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, and Jose Marzan, Jr. 
Published by: VERTIGO DC Comics
Released: 2003
Summary: Yorick, Agent 355, Dr. Allison Mann, and the monkey Ampersand are trying to get to California. They are on a mission to find Dr. Mann's back up lab and figure out a way to save mankind. As the last man alive, Yorick has to be careful. There are people out searching for him. The man hating Amazon women want him dead, and a group of secret Israeli military personnel are on his tail too. Master escape artist Yorick has a tough time dodging these groups. Yorick is also still determined to find his girlfriend, who was last in Australia. Yorick is finding out that being the last man on Earth isn't all fun and games.
My Thoughts: Another enjoyable volume in this series. I think I enjoyed the first volume a little more, but this one was fun too.
When I first saw the little summary/what happened previously, I thought, man that's long. It almost had more words than the whole first volume. But as I read it, I appreciated it, because it answered some of the questions I had from the first volume. I was a little critical as to why the world would have fallen into such post apocalyptic proportions without men, when there were women that could have done those jobs, but the little summary at the beginning helped to answer those questions satisfactorily.
The main thing that I came away with from this volume is that the Amazon women are insane. Their red-headed leader is a nut job that has managed to brainwash all these women, including Yorick's sister. I'm sure there are probably women in the world who have some of her views, but how does she think killing the Last Man is going to do any good for the human race as a whole? I can't believe how many ladies bought in to her craziness and I hope Yorick's sister snaps out of it.
I enjoyed this second volume and can't wait to continue with this series. I'm interested to see how things progress. This is a comic series that I would definitely recommend for those interested in jumping into comics.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Being the last man on Earth is challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment