Friday, November 25, 2016

Reading Right Now! (92)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--Ensnared (Splintered #3) by A.G. Howard-- This is the third and final book in the Splintered Trilogy (except for an extra book that has novellas in it and maybe like an epilogue thing) and I can't wait to be finished with it. I'm not the biggest fan of this series. And I know, what's the point of reading the books if you don't like them? Well, I have this weird thing, almost like a compulsion, where if I start something, I have to finish it eventually. I also like to give all the books a chance. The first book could suck, but say the third book is perfection! I don't want to miss potential awesomeness, and I don't want to give up without giving the read every opportunity to impress me. It's the same reasoning as to why I don't DNF books. I just don't like it, it gives me a weird feeling inside. Because of this compulsion, I have read some books and series that I was not a fan of at all. So far, this has been one of those series. My main problem with it has been the world is just waaaay too weird. I can't get down with it. I also hate Morpheus. And lately, Alyssa has been getting on my nerves as well.
I'm about 80 pages into this third volume, and I'm just feeling a great big pile of MEH so far. Things are happening and I just don't care. I don't feel any of the urgency or anxiety over what can/will/might happen to the characters. 
Once I finish this, I do plan on reading the extra novella book, just so I can say I read them all and close the Splintered chapter in my life.

What I Hope To Read Next...


--Lies I Told (#1) by Michelle Zink-- Randomly picked this up off the library shelf and I thought it looked good. After checking to make sure it was either the first in a series or standalone, (cause don't you hate when that happens!? You think you're just getting a book to read and it turns out to be the 2nd, 4th, or 15th book in a series! That just messes with me. I have to read them in order.) I checked it out. It sounds like something I would like. I've been a big fan of books that involve main characters who are involved in criminal enterprises. Like heists, cons, crime families, that sort of thing. I don't necessarily like that they are involved in crime, but just that they are usually characters who are okay with breaking the rules and being morally ambiguous. Anyway, I hope to get to this book, because I am out of renewals and the due date quickly approaches.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? If you live in America, I hope you're having a fantastic holiday weekend, and if you live somewhere where it isn't a holiday, I hope you have a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment