Friday, January 19, 2018

Reading Right Now! (149)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--Four Summoner's Tales by Kelley Armstrong, Christopher Golden, David Liss, and Jonathan Maberry -- This is a collection of four novellas, were all four writers were given the same premise: A strange visitor comes to town, offering to raise the townsfolk's dearly departed from the dead -- for a price... dum dum duuuuummmm. Each story is about 80 to 90 pages long, so they aren't too short, but they are not long either. I think it's really cool how they all have the same premise, but they've all gone in different directions. So far, no story has sounded like the other. I've read 3 out of the 4 stories, and so far, I've really been enjoying it. Kelley Armstrong's story was probably my favorite (so far), Christopher Golden's was very good with some twists I wasn't expecting. David Liss took a more fun approach, where the owner of the book is a thief, con man who uses his power as leverage to make some money. The only one I have left to read is Jonathan Maberry's story, and I'm already a Jonathan Maberry fan. His story is set in his Joe Ledger world, I think.
So far, I'm pretty pleased with this book. I've enjoyed each story that I've read, which can be really rare when it comes to short story, anthology kind of things. As of right now, I'd definitely recommend it. I think I will have it finished early into my weekend.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment