Friday, February 22, 2019

Reading Right Now! (195)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Skitter (#2) by Ezekiel Boone -- I'm not going to lie to you, this week has been tough for me. I came down with the cold from hell. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but not really. I feel like crappity crap crap. It hit me this past weekend, and every day after it just drains me more and more. Scratchy throat, snot nose, cough, lots of drainage, and side-eyes from my co-workers each time I show up for another 8 hour day. I did stay home Monday though, so it's not like I'm trying to get the people I work with sick haha. Surprisingly, my reading hasn't been awful during that time. I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm sick, I just sleep or lay around in a sort of daze. I'm not able to concentrate on my books.
So the first book in this series was The Hatching which introduced killer, flesh-eating, body bursting, terrifying spiders!! This second book is good, but it does have that second book feel where not much has happened, it's just a set up for the big finale in Book 3. We are still hopping from person to person, place to place, as the world is scrambling how to deal with this spider outbreak. The spider mayhem has been minimal during the majority of this book, it has mostly been our characters trying to figure out what they are going to do next. I do like it, but it is slower on the action so far.
And I love the cover! Look at it!!

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? And thank you for listening to me complain about this awful cold that I can't wait to be done with. I'm a literal mouth-breather right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment