Monday, February 11, 2019

January 2019 Wrap-Up!

Time to share all the books I read in January 2019! I feel like I had a strong start to the year, I read 8 books which I'm happy with. Hopefully I can keep going strong, although I've only read one book in February so far.

  
  
 



 -- Promises I Made (#2) by Michelle Zink With this one, I finished a series Yayyy Me! And I enjoyed it. I thought it was a good end for a family of grifters, even if it wasn't the most edge-of-your-seat read. My full review is HERE! BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5

-- Honor Among Thieves (#1) by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre I have mixed feelings on this one. I thought the writing was really good, addicting, easy to get into. I enjoyed the plot of the story. I liked the setting. I did not like the strange, strange romance or whatever the heck it was. I believe I've got my review for it up already HERE where I went into all my thoughts a little more. I will read the sequel because I'm interested, but I am not a fan of a relationship between a girl and a whale ship, I'm just not. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5

-- Watching You by Lisa Jewell I was lucky enough to win a copy of this from BookishFirst and the publisher for honest review. I posted my full review HERE. This was a mystery/thriller and I liked it. It was a quiet, slower moving kind of thriller. I did not expect the bad baddie, which is always a plus. I thought it was good. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

-- Sparrow Hill Road (#1) by Seanan McGuire I got this for review from Netgalley and the Publisher and then ended up checking out a physical copy from the library. I just like reading physical copies more. I really enjoyed this. It's a collection of stories featuring the ghost of Rose Marshall. It took me a little longer to read just because of the format of the book, the stops and starts of each story. I really enjoyed each story though, there wasn't a bad one in the bunch. I'm really pumped to read the sequel, especially because it's going to be a continuous story kind of thing. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.2/5

-- Nailbiter, Volume 6: The Bloody Truth by Joshua Williamson, Mike Henderson, Adam Guzowski This is the second series I finished in 2019, Yayy Me!! If you're looking for a Murder Comic Series, then I'd definitely recommend this one. Full review HERE! BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

-- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo (#1) by F.C. Yee I liked this one. I thought it was fun and fast. I really liked the Chinese Mythology element just because that's not something I get to read about a lot. I didn't really like the romance though, they just did nothing for me. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5

-- Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn and this was so CUTE!! Really enjoyed it. It was just the break I needed from all the dark books I've been reading. I will say, Quinn is pretty good at holding a grudge. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

-- Disney Manga: Pirates of the Caribbean - Jack Sparrow's Adventures (#1) by Robb Kidd and Kabocha I received this for honest review from Netgalley and the Publisher, it releases February 19, 2019. I'm mixed on this one. As a manga, it was fine. I think it went for a younger audience story wise, but there was some art work that was a little risky when it came to female anatomy. I felt no Pirates of the Caribbean or Jack Sparrow vibes from this though. Having that in the title is just a money ploy. The kid in this manga is not my Jack Sparrow. If you're looking for a fun manga, I'd go for it, just don't expect it to fulfill your Pirates of the Caribbean wishes.  BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.2/5

STATS
3 REVIEW BOOKS
2 SERIES FINISHED
6 LIBRARY BOOKS

And that's how I did reading wise in January 2019. A good start to the year I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment