Friday, February 12, 2021

Reading Right Now! (289)

 Here's a thing I think about a lot of days, why do I always write my posts so late at night? I will tell myself that I should probably type out my posts when I get home from work, that would be a smart idea. I then get home and just zone out, watch youtube, do Instagram, and then just lay on my bed. I have many problems. So, here I am making my post for tomorrow at 12 am.
Anyway, What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (#1) by Theodora Goss -- I am loving this one! I actually saw RileyMarie on youtube say good things about it, which made me interested. I then did my Deck of TBR and picked this one for one of the prompts. 
It's great! It's about Mary Jekyll, who after her mother dies, she finds out secrets about her father. She also meets up with some other girls of unique circumstance: Diana Hyde, Beatrice Rappacini, Justine Frankenstein, Catherine Moreau. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson also show up.
It's just a really fun read. It has this great girl gang vibe to it. I really like the humor that's in the story. I'm hooked.

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton #2) by Julia Quinn -- After binging Bridgerton  on Netflix, I needed to read the books. I know I started out of order, which bothers me the teeniest bit, but ultimately not enough to care. I own the first book, and I will definitely read it at some point. I got Book 2 from the library and knew I needed to read it quick because I bet it's on hold for other people.
I really like this! It's giving me that same feeling that the show gave me. I'm excited to see Anthony's love story. I really like Kate. They have a very antagonistic relationship. I do think Anthony is a little too aggressive sometimes. I'm excited for Season 2.
I just really like this book. It just is a feel good read. I love love.
 
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? I'm really glad that both of the books I'm reading currently are winners. It's a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment