Monday, February 22, 2021

Review: The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton #2) by Julia Quinn

 

Title: The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton #2)
Author: Julia Quinn
Published by: Avon
Released: 2000
Source: Library
 

Synopsis: 1814 promises to be another eventful season, but not, This Author believes, for Anthony Bridgerton, London's most elusive bachelor, who has shown no indication that he plans to marry. And in all truth, why should he? When it comes to playing the consummate rake, nobody does it better...

--Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, April 1814

But this time the gossip columnists have it wrong. Anthony Bridgerton hasn't just decided to marry--he's even chosen a wife! The only obstacle is his intended's older sister, Kate Sheffield--the most meddlesome woman ever to grace a London ballroom. The spirited schemer is driving Anthony mad with her determination to stop the betrothal, but when he closes his eyes at night, Kate's the woman haunting his increasingly erotic dreams...

Contrary to popular belief, Kate is quite sure that reformed rakes to not make the best husbands--and Anthony Bridgerton is the most wicked rogue of them all. Kate's determined to protect her sister--but she fears her own heart is vulnerable. And when Anthony's lips touch hers, she's suddenly afraid she might not be able to resist the reprehensible rake herself... (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: This was great and I really enjoyed myself while reading this. Anthony and Kate's story was so much fun. I loved the set up. I loved the antagonism between them. I loved the situations they found themselves in. I loved the Pall Mall game. I loved the Mallet of Death. I loved Newton. It was just a great time.
 This is the first Bridgerton Book that I've read and I'm definitely going to read more. I'm usually a person that has to read a series in order, but in this case, I felt I had to get to Book 2 first. I definitely plan on reading The Duke and I though, don't worry.
I did feel there were times that Anthony could come on a little strong and aggressive. It could almost be too much for the situation that he was in. I also really missed the antagonism and the battles that stopped after Kate and Anthony got together. I like them messing with one another, and after they got together, and they were so in honeymoon phase, they stopped doing it.
Anthony's drama at the end was a little melodramatic, so I'll let him have his weird fears, but you kind of just wanted to shake him. I did like the author's note at the end that kind of explained his fear though.
This was so much fun and definitely a good use of my time. I smiled through so much of Kate and Anthony's story. I can't wait to see it on the screen.
 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Love it 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment