Monday, February 8, 2021

Review: I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2: Fluff My Life by Skottie Young and Jean-Fracois Beaulieu

 
Title: I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2: Fluff My Life
Written and Drawn by: Skottie Young
Coloring by: Jean-Francois Beaulieu
Logo Design by: Rian Hughes
Additional Art Chapter 8: Jeffrey "Chamba" Cruz
Lettering and Design: Nate Piekos of Blambot
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: December 2016
Source: Library
 
Synopsis: All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. After thirty years of wreaking havoc across this magical world to find her way back home, she must now overcome her biggest challenge yet... ruling the place she hates most. Join Gert as she continues her never-ending quest to get the FLUFF out of Fairyland. The hilariously brutal Fairytale adventure continues by superstar cartoonist SKOTTIE YOUNG. Collects issues 6-10. (Synopsis from Goodreads)
 
My Thoughts: I had fun, but not as much fun as I had in Volume 1. Maybe because I already know the shtick. Maybe because it's a repeat of Volume 1. I still enjoyed it, but I'm just questioning where it is going to go next. Is Gert just going to do the same thing over and over, or will the story progress?
I really thought more would be done with Gert being Queen. I was wrong.
I still love the art. I love the humor. It's a fun comic to read. I really want to know what happens next because the ending was a little weird. It's looking very unlikely that Gert will ever get back to the human world, which is bad for her, but good for us.
 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Not Bad. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment