Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Favorite Character Names

Time for another Top 5 Wednesday and a fun topic. This week is our Top 5 Favorite Character Names. When reading a book, I like names that are easy to pronounce. If an author comes at me with a name that I have no idea how to say, and no directions on how to pronounce it, I'm not going to be a happy camper. I also don't like books that try too hard with character names, if it's too weird, I'm probably not going to be a fan of it. Character names that I like are usually names that I just like the sound of and I feel fit the character. The names I chose also come from both books and TV. So these are my Top 5 Favorite Character Names plus one extra, I just couldn't keep it to 5.

6. Willow from ???

I know I read a book with a character named Willow in it. The trouble is, I just can't remember what book that is. Anyway, I really like the name Willow. It's a nice name. I like the way it sounds.

5. Lily from the Harry Potter series

I always thought Lily was a very pretty name ever since I read it in Harry Potter. I think, I would even use that as a future child's name. I just think it's pretty. Maybe I just like flower names, I don't know. But I do think that Petunia got the short straw in the naming process. Lily is such a pretty name and Petunia is just not. Oh! You know what another pretty name is, Violet, I like that one too.

4. Bellamy from The 100

At first, I thought Bellamy was a dumb name. I didn't understand why Clarke got such a manly name, while Bellamy got such a girly name. But now, I love his name. It could just be because I love his character and therefore love everything about him. But I feel like Bellamy shortens into a good nickname, Bell. His name is good for drama situations because it just has that ring to it, especially when Clarke is yelling it. Oh Bellamy, you're just so adorable <3 <3 <3

3. Dean from Supernatural

I like the name Dean, not only because Dean from Supernatural is awesome, but also because it's a good name. It has a strength to it, I think. I also had a Great Uncle named Dean and he was a pretty cool guy. This is also a name I would contemplate naming future children.

2. Sawyer from Lost

It's all because of Lost that I fell in love with this name. I mean, I love Sawyer!! He's so sarcastic, sexy, he loves to read!! All around great character. He was one of my favorite parts of that show. And I just like the way the name sounds.

1. Jack from The Steampunk Chronicles

This name comes from the daring and adorable criminal character Jack Dandy. I also guess I could have used Captain Jack Sparrow, because I love him too. But again, I just like this name. There is something so simple about it, but strong too. This is another name that I would contemplate naming future children. It's also a family name. My step great grandpa was named Jack. He was a nice guy. We'd go to their house every Sunday and raid his cookie jar. I never even knew my by blood Great Grandpa, he died before I ever got to meet him, so Great Grandpa Jack was it. I also think Jack is just a cute name for a little boy. I like the name.

So those are my Top 5 Favorite Names. What are your favorite names? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment