This week's Top 5 Wednesday is the Top 5 Settings You Want To See More Of. I'll probably go off on a completely wrong tangent with this topic, but what I'm taking this to mean is what kind of book genres I want to see more of. I guess what I mean to say is topics of books that I want to see more of. Not just settings. Anyway, here's my list.
6. Thrillers - There are a generous amount of thrillers on the market already, but I just really enjoy them, especially all the YA thrillers. I feel like thrillers marketed to a YA audience are still fairly new, and I want to see more of them. Thrillers are just fun. They leave you guessing, and sometimes on the edge of your seat.
5. Urban Fantasy - This one I'm saying more for the YA genre in general. There are tons of Urban Fantasy Adult books, but not so much in the YA. Urban Fantasy is just a lot of fun. There is magic, sometimes cool creatures, and usually romance. Urban Fantasy tends to have a lot of action and adventure too. I like them.
4. Post-Apocalyptic - I am the biggest sucker for Post-Apocalyptic Fiction. There is just something about having to survive after civilization as we know it has ceased. I live for those stories of total strangers coming together and surviving, becoming a family. I love the Post-Apocalyptic landscapes of decaying roads and houses. There's usually a lot of action in Post-Apocalyptic Fiction too. I always used to get Post-Apocalyptic Fiction confused with Dystopian, but Post-Apocalyptic is sooo much better. Love it.
3. Zombies/Monsters - Another guilty pleasure of mine is the zombie/monster genre. These are a lot of fun. They can be so creative and just great.
2. Space - I've really been a fan of space books recently. They can be so creative and fun. I didn't really read them before because I'm not the biggest fan of books that focus a lot on the science of things, but if you just give me a fun space romp, I'll love it. I've also been into more space tv shows too. Now I haven't gone hardcore space, like Star Trek or Battlestar Galatica or any of that, because they can be too much for me, too weird. But space in YA can be a really good time.
1. Superpowers - Give me all the Superpower Books! All of them. Superpower books are sooo fun. I wish I had superpowers. I could definitely do with more superpower books.
So there's my Top 5 I Didn't Even Try To Stick To The Topic They Gave Me Top 5 Wednesday Post. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and come up with answers for. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!