Friday, October 27, 2017

Reading Right Now! (137)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- The Graveyard Apartment by Mariko Koike and Translated by Deborah Boliver Boehm -- I'm still reading this one. I started this during #Spookathon, and just haven't managed to finish it yet. It's a very slow book, very wordy, but I'm enjoying it. It's a horror book about an apartment built in the middle of a graveyard, and weird things start to happen there. I'd describe this as a slow scare. It creeps up on you. There are definitely a lot of slow parts, so I could imagine people abandoning this or getting a little bored by this. I don't know if it's because it's a translated work, but the writing is almost overly descriptive and some of the phrases are weird. I'm liking it, but at the same time, I wish it would hurry it up a little.

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment