Thursday, October 12, 2017

Review: The Revolution of Ivy (#2) by Amy Engel


Title: The Revolution of Ivy (#2)
Author: Amy Engel
Published by: Entangled Teen
Released: 2015
Source: Library

Summary: Ivy is now behind the fence, out in the wild, all alone. After being kicked out of Westfall, Ivy must embark on a new journey. She meets dangers and weather elements. She also meets people living beyond the wall, and has to decide whether she can trust them or not.
Apart from survival, Ivy is also besieged by memories of all she left behind. Her family, who didn't even come to say goodbye. Bishop, who she wasn't supposed to care for, then she did. She can't get his face out of her mind.
Ivy has to survive in this new world she's been thrust into. But can she ever forget Westfall?
My Thoughts: This was my kind of book. It was my aesthetic. As soon as I started reading this, I knew I'd enjoy it. I really liked the first book when I read it. It presented an interesting world, and a really sweet romance. This second book, and finale, was a good ending to the series. I do think the first book, The Book of Ivy, is stronger, but this finale wasn't bad.
The sweetest thing about this series has to be the romance. If only I could find a guy like Bishop Lattimer. He's pretty perfect. He's patient, understanding, and just all the things you want. Ivy is lucky to have him.
There were some really brutal scenes in this one, which I liked. Amy Engel does a really good job at writing intense scenes. It totally fit with the post-apocalyptic world happening in this series.
I do wish there had been a little more world building in this book. I love those scenes of abandoned houses and abandoned towns, hidden dangers, and people that can't be trusted. I wanted more of that. I wanted to know how Caleb and Ash survived the world they lived in, and just had Ivy do some more exploring in an abandoned world.
I really liked the characters of Caleb and Ash, but I wanted to know more about them. I wanted to hear about their pasts, especially Caleb's. They were good characters, but they just felt very background, supportive.
The only other gripe I had was that the middle felt a little slow. Not a lot happened.
I really enjoyed this finale, and I really enjoyed this series. It was just fun to read. It had the sweetest romance I've read in a while. It was just fun reading.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
So Satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment