Tuesday, October 24, 2017

#Spookathon Wrap-Up

Here it is, my #Spookathon Wrap-Up. Don't get too excited because I didn't do that great. I mean, I did about what I expected to. I knew I wasn't going to finish a lot of books, and I didn't, so I'm not surprised. Here's how I did.

  

I Finished Death Note, Volume 8: Target by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata which I enjoyed. It took me a little while to get back into it because it had been awhile since I read the first one. The beginning was a little confusing, just because I was struggling to remember everything. Once I got into it though, it was pretty good. I used Death Note for the challenges of Read A Book With a Spooky Word in the Title (Death) and Read A Book With Orange on the Cover.

I got a little less than halfway through The Dire King (Jackaby #4) by William Ritter but then I had to return it to the library before I was done with it. *Sob Sob* I'm planning to get my hands on another copy as soon as I can. I really want to finish this series. I'm excited and nervous because I loved the first two, but the third was disappointing. From what I read of this, it seemed like it was going to be good. I wasn't sure even what challenge I wanted to use this for. It didn't really fit any of them. I do consider it a Halloween-ish read, because it takes place in a town where the supernatural always comes out to play, or to mess stuff up.

The last book I started and got about halfway through was The Graveyard Apartment by Mariko Koike and I'm enjoying this one too. It's about an apartment complex built in the middle of a graveyard, and things turn spooky. It's translated from Japanese and I'm noticing this book is really wordy. I don't know if that's because it's translated or if that was the original intent. It's taken me a little while to get into, but the creepy stuff is happening now. I think it's going to be a slow burn scare. This book goes for the challenges of Read A Book Based On A Childhood Fear (which is my fear of basements, especially when it's dark and you can't see what's down there. I remember being scared of parts of my basement when I was little) and Read A Book That Has A Spooky Setting (which is a graveyard, they can be pretty spooky).

So I only finished one book for the #Spookathon but I'm not surprised, or disappointed. I did get halfway through two other books, so that's not awful. The only challenge that I didn't get to was Read A Thriller, but I'll read thrillers as the year goes on, I'm sure. So that's what I did during #Spookathon. I know other people did awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment