Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books I Want To Finally Read in 2017

There are so many books that sit, and sit, and sit on my shelves without being read. I keep saying that I'm going to get to them, then new shiny books distract me, so I read them instead. I hope that 2017 will be the year that I finally cross some old books off my list. This week's Top 5 Wednesday topic is perfect for that. So here's the Top 5 Books I Want To Finally Read in 2017.

  

5. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: I need to finally get around to reading this, and 2017 is a good goal to shoot for. I never got on The Hunger Games train when the books came out, but I did get on the train for the movies. I thought the movies were awesome and I finally need to get around to reading the books.

  

4. The Across the Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis: I've just been getting the urge to finally read this series. I love space book and remembered hearing good things about this series, except for the uproar of that cover change. So I would like to read and finish this series in 2017.

  

3. The Starbound Trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: Another series that I would like to finally finish in 2017. I hope to re-read These Broken Stars and then maybe marathon the rest of the series. I remember loving the first book and these covers are just beautiful.

  

2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin: Yet another series that I would love to finally finish in 2017. I remember all the buzz that surrounded this series, and I guess I just want to be a part of it. I read the first book a couple of years ago, so I hope to re-read the first one and then marathon the rest of the series. We'll see how it goes.


1. The City of Bones/The Mortal Instruments Series/The Infernal Devices Series/All the Cassandra Clare books I can: I've had this whole series and other books by Cassandra Clare sitting on my shelves for far too long. I need to finally get around to reading them. It's getting pretty sad that I continue to buy each new installment without having immersed myself in any of the books. I really hope this happens in 2017. I hope, I hope.

AND SUPER #1: My ultimate goals for 2017 are to read more books on my shelves, to get my library addiction semi under control (that one might be pretty difficult), catch up with review books and e-galleys, and finally finish series that I have started years ago.

So those are some of my goals for 2017. I got a little off the Top 5 Wednesday topic, but it was a jumping off point for what I really hope for in 2017. So that was my Top 5 Books I Want To Finally Read in 2017. What are yours? Let me know. And if you want to join in the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should! Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment