Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Around The Year In 52 Books: Week 10

WEEK 10
A Dual-Timeline Novel

Progress Post:


--What are you reading this week? I'm reading Arata: The Legend, Volume 5 by Yuu Watase.

--What are the two time periods in your novel? I'm probably cheating, again, because this is technically a manga, but it fits for this category, and I'm using it! The two time periods in this manga novel are modern day Japan and a version of ancient Japan. It's kind of tricky, because this ancient world doesn't exactly exist in the history books of the modern Japan's world. It's almost like another world too.

--Do you find it difficult to follow the dual timelines in your novel? No, because this is a novel told through illustration, it's really easy to know when I'm in ancient times and when I'm in modern times. I get to see which characters I'm switching to and which world they are occupying. It's actually really nice because there is no confusion. Sometimes I find it difficult to read dual timeline novels, especially when the author doesn't really tell you when they are switching back and forth.

Join in with me in The Around The Year Challenge In 52 Books. It's fun! Check it out HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment