Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books For Your Hogwarts House

Welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday! This week's topic celebrates our Hogwarts House Pride by picking the Top 5 Books For Your Hogwarts House. I tried to pick books that I thought went along with my house.
I guess first, I should tell you what house I'm in. Do you have any guesses?


If you guessed Slytherin, You're Right! I took the Sorting Hat test a couple of times, I won't lie. The first time I took the official test on Pottermore, I got Slytherin. I've gotten it a couple times since then too. When I first saw that welcome banner proclaiming me a Slytherin, I didn't know what to think. The Slytherin House was never the good house at Hogwarts, it was always the house that had the bad kids, the villains. But I now embrace my Slytherin Pride. All Slytherins aren't bad, evil people, sure some of them aren't nice, but you can't pass judgement on a whole group based on some individuals. So I'm glad I'm a Slytherin.


Slytherin House has a certain aesthetic. It's kind of dark and gloomy. Slytherins' are known for their cunning and ambition. When picking books for my house, I wanted to get anti-hero characters and some dark, fun reads. So these are the books I picked for my House Pride!

  
 

--Vicious by V.E. Schwab-- I picked this book because of its great, anti-hero characters. No one is really a hero, and no one is really a villain. This book just showcases some very interesting characters to read about. I love this book and I think it would make a good Slytherin read.

--I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells-- This story also features an anti-hero in John Wayne Cleaver. He's a sociopath who has to fight his urge to kill. It's a very dark, creepy story. I think it's also a good story showing a character fighting against being evil by trying to save others instead. I think John Cleaver is a super interesting character, and reading the series, I rooted for him. He's a character that I can't seem to forget.

--Night Film by Marisha Pessl-- This book is just a lot of fun. I picked it for Slytherin House because it's dark and creepy. I think Slytherins would like it.

--I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga-- This book features a character who struggles with himself and who he is. His father is a killer, and he's afraid he'll turn out just like him. This is a character who struggles with his past. He questions if he's destined for evil. I think some Slytherin characters can feel Jasper Dent's struggle.

--The Heroes Guide To Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy-- Slytherins' deserve fun too! Which is why they should read this book. This book is about a group of unlikely heroes, banding together, and doing some awesome stuff. Plus, they save the Kingdom! I picked this because Slytherins are so much more than what they are portrayed as. They aren't all evil, all gloomy, all bad people. Slytherins get a bad rap, that is not always deserved, just like these Princes!

So those are my House Pride recommendations. What House are you in? What books would you recommend? Let me know in the comments. And if you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should! Check it out HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Ashley!

    I think it's awesome that you've embraced your House Pride, and these books definitely reflect your refusal to see all Slytherins as one-dimensional villains!

    They're lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We Slytherins are complicated people. We can't all be put into the villain bubble :D

      Delete