Friday, June 30, 2017

Reading Right Now! (122)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- The Blair Witch Project: A Dossier by D.A. Stern-- Do you remember that Blair Witch movie that everyone thought was real for awhile? This book is a companion to that. It's set up in the same way, like it's a true story, delving deeper into the mysterious disappearances of these three college kids. It's told in a case file way, where we are getting interviews and evidence from the case. The family is trying to find answers, so they've hired a private investigator, and all the information the investigator found is compiled into this book by D.A. Stern.
Now, I watched the Blair Witch Project awhile ago, and thought it was okay. I won't say I was scared senseless by it. I found some of the characters to be kind of annoying. There's one that just does a lot of yelling, and more yelling. But it was interesting to watch. Even more interesting was the fact that so many people thought it was a real thing. This book is in that same vein.
I've read a book by D.A. Stern before, and really enjoyed it. It was a book told in the same kind of format, which I really do tend to like. It kind of makes for a more immersive story. A more real story, if that makes sense.
I'm getting near the end of this one, and I am enjoying it. I do think you would have had to watch the movie first to really enjoy this book. I don't know if it's something you could just pick up and enjoy fully without knowing anything about the movie. I don't think it would work as well. But if you did enjoy the movie, I'd say give the book a shot. I'm finding it fun! And I won't lie, one night, I did get freaked out and had to stop reading. I live by a lot of trees and woods, and just the idea of a scary, children killing witch living out in the forest really freaked me out.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment