Friday, June 2, 2017

Reading Right Now! (118)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
Pretty much the same(ish) stuff as last week. I think I aimed for too much last week, and just fell flat on my face. So, some of my reads stayed the same, and some of my reads got pushed back for a different day.
Here's what my immediate Reading Right Now! plans are:

 

--The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost-- This is what I'm currently reading and focusing my attention on. It's turning out to be a slower read than I thought. I'm not saying slower in a bad way, it's just taking me longer to get through than the normal book. It's got a lot of stuff crammed into it, which is probably why I'm going through it more slowly. I'm still really enjoying it. I love the format it's told in, all the files, and pictures, and the feel of it being a classified FBI Dossier kind of thing. I did get a little bogged down in the Alien/UFO section. There were a lot of names and events to keep track of, and they all kind of ended up jumbled in my mind.
 I think I'm starting to encounter some spoilers for the show. I've only watched the First Season, and this is bringing up information that I haven't watched yet. I knew from reading reviews that this might happen, and I'm okay with my decision to read it before finishing the older episodes of the show.
I will say that the show has a lot more humor incorporated into it then this book does. The book is still really interesting, but it doesn't have that oddball levity that the (at least the First Season) of the show seemed to have. I really enjoy that weird humor of the show, and would have liked it to be incorporated in this book. 
Can't wait to finish this one. And from what I've read so far, I definitely would recommend it. Even if you don't love the book, it is just such a pretty thing to have on your shelf.

--The Spellman Files (#1) by Lisa Lutz-- This book is kind of calling to me and I really want to read it next. I might start it before finishing The Secret History of Twin Peaks. It just looks like it's going to be fun. It's the first book in a series and involves a Private Investigative family business that this daughter wants to get out of.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment