Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Random Tuesday: Influenster and Maybelline City Mini Palette Review

When I say Random Tuesday, I really mean random. This post is not book related, it's about makeup. I have a makeup buying, hoarding, and trying addiction. I just find it really fun to do. I don't wear makeup everyday, but I do buy quite a lot of it. I'm also a big fan of the site https://www.influenster.com/ It's a consumer review site, where people can post reviews for products they've tried and they can see upcoming products. Influenster is a reviewers website. Based on a person's social media influence, they can sometimes be selected to try products for free to review. What happens is, they send a survey, you take it, and sometimes you get lucky and are chosen for a campaign. I love influenster. I think it's a really fun site and I've been lucky enough to receive a couple boxes.
This post is about the Maybelline City Mini Palettes that hit the makeup market not too long ago. I was lucky enough to qualify for the campaign, so I was sent a City Mini Palette for free to review. All opinions are 100% honest and 100% my own. I receive no payment for reviewing this product, I just received it complimentary to try out. So here's my review for what I got!


This is what arrived at my door! or mailbox if you want to be technical. All influenster campaigns come in there own cute little boxes that say influenster and the product you're testing on it. This box has been the smallest box I ever got from influenster. It's actually pretty cute. Inside the box are the products you're testing, along with a little information card.


I received the City Mini Palette in the shade Matte About Town. This palette is a Walgreens exclusive palette, so you can only purchase it there. They also have one palette that's an Ulta exclusive. There are six other palettes that should be available wherever Maybelline Products are sold. The Matte About Town Palette is a completely matte shadow palette, which I was pretty excited about. Matte shadows, I feel, can be harder to come across at the drugstore. Good matte shadows can be even rarer to find.


The Matte About Town Palette contains six shades, which I attempted to artistically swatch above. I love how that one shade matches the freckles on my harm haha. As you can see, I am pale, and I know some of the swatches don't look that impressive, but don't be fooled! I really liked how these shadows performed on my eyes. I found the shadows easy to blend, pigmented, and they had a really good lasting power. The shadows also have a very silky feel when you touch them. They aren't dry, they aren't chalky. Some of the shadows did have some kick-up powder wise, especially that lightest shade at the top left, so be sure to tap off your brush.
I'm really happy with this palette and I'm glad I got it for free to try out. I'm impressed with the shadows. I think Maybelline did a fantastic job. I can honestly see this palette becoming a staple for my eye looks. I need matte eyeshadows in a majority of my makeup looks, and these did a really good job. I liked this palette so much, that I went and bought two other palette shades in the line. Since I received a matte shadow palette, I wanted to see how some of the more shimmery shades preformed. I haven't used the new palettes on my eyes just yet, but I think they are going to be good.
If you are a makeup addict like me, I'd definitely recommend giving these a try. They won't break the bank, I think I saw them at Target for $7.99, and Maybelline always has coupons in the ads. These little palettes are a win for me.
Thank you to Influenster and Maybelline for sending them to me for free to review. I love getting campaign boxes, and I hope I get more. If you haven't joined Influenster, you totally should! It's a fun site where you can review products you've tried, and sometimes get free stuff!! If you don't mind sharing your thoughts and opinions about products on social media, then it's definitely a site you should consider.
So that's my little review for the Maybelline City Mini Palette in Matte About Town, and the end of this truly Random Tuesday Post. If you enjoyed reading a post about makeup, let me know, because I enjoy talking about it. I buy a shameful amount of makeup and I just can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment