Thursday, August 3, 2017

Review: Arata: The Legend, Volume 3 by Yuu Watase


Title: Arata: The Legend, Volume 3
Story and Art by: Yuu Watase
Published by: VIZ Media LLC
Released: 2009
Source: Library

Summary: Having escaped the prison island, Arata is now traveling towards the incapacitated Princess. His journey takes him through lands ruled by the men who are after him. He and his friends find respite in the house of a new friend, for a while, and learn just how dangerous their quest will be.
Meanwhile, the Arata in the present discovers high school, spicy mustard, and makes new friends!
My Thoughts: Really enjoyed this Volume. There is a reason Yuu Watase is one of my favorite manga artists. I love her characters, her art style, and her stories.
My only gripe is the same as I had in Volume 2. Some of the action scenes are too busy and cluttered, and it's hard for me to see just what's happening. 
I loved seeing the other Arata in present day! I think that's a fun, light part of the overall story to observe. The Arata in the past storyline is getting really interesting too!
I can't wait to see what happens in the next volume.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment