Friday, August 4, 2017

Reading Right Now! (127)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

-- The Lost Causes by Jessica Koosed Etting and Alyssa Embree Schwarts -- This is a review book I got through Netgalley and Kids Can Press as an ebook for free to read. And guys, THIS IS AWESOME!!! I actually just finished it tonight. My review for it will be going up when it releases, September 5th, 2017. I definitely, definitely recommend picking this one up. It was so addictive. 
Anyway, it's about these troubled kids who come from different backgrounds. Their parents don't really care about them and they all have different problems in their lives that they are not really coping with. One day, they all get called to a session by the school counselor, and end up in a weird group meeting, with two people they never met before. After that meeting, they notice changes in themselves, and new abilities they've acquired. They've become The Lost Causes, and with their new abilities, they've been tasked with solving a murder in their small town. These kids who were never friends before, suddenly become part of something, and form a bond that's unbreakable.
I really liked it! It reminded me of Scooby Doo, little hint of X-Men, and a dash of Criminal Minds. It was great! 

-- Doubt, Volume 2 (Doubt #3-4) by Yoshiki Tonogai -- This is what I'm planning to read next. I really enjoyed the first omnibus volume and I can't wait to see how it all ends. It's been a little bit since I read the first book, but I think my memory of it is clear enough.
This one is about a dangerous game of a wolf hiding among the rabbits and killing them off one by one. It starts as a group of gamer friends meeting for the first time, and they find themselves trapped in a mysterious place with someone killing them one by one. It's the game come to life, and they have to find out who the wolf is before it kills them all!

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment