Thursday, August 31, 2017

Review: Y: The Last Man, Volume 8: Kimono Dragons by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, Goran Sudzuka, and Jose Marzan, Jr.


Title: Y: The Last Man, Volume 8: Kimono Dragons
Written by: Brian K. Vaughan
Pencillers: Pia Guerra and Goran Sudzuka
Inker: Jose Marzan, Jr.
Published by: DC Comics
Released: 2006
Source: Library

Summary: Welcome to Japan! Yorick and Agent 355 are on the trail of a monkey who's the key to saving the world. Unfortunately, Ampersand is in the hands of a very powerful person, and it might take more to save him then first thought.
Meanwhile, Dr. Mann decides to take a stroll down memory lane. And an old villain returns (?) Just another day for Yorick and the crew.
My Thoughts: I enjoyed this volume, but it wasn't my favorite. My favorite parts of it had to be Yorick and Agent 355 being together and sharing stuff. I like them as a duo.
I wasn't really the biggest fan of getting Dr. Mann and Israeli Crazy Chick's backstories. Maybe because I just don't like those characters very much. I just don't enjoy the time I spend with them. I've never really liked Dr. Mann though, so that's no real surprise.
I also don't think a whole lot happened in this Volume. It was nice filler, I enjoyed reading it.
I'm getting closer to the end of Y:The Last Man, and I'm excited to see how everything ends! This is definitely a comic series that I enjoy. Yorick is fun and Agent 355 is awesome!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment