Friday, November 13, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#42)

Here's what I'm Reading Right Now!

 

Shadow and Bone (Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo: Finally decided to start this series after all the hype and hoopla I've heard about it. I've always been a little curious about this book, and the spin-off series that just came out does look good, so I decided to pick it up. I'm on page 71 of this, so I'm not all that far in. I'm liking it so far. It's interesting. I don't know how to pronounce all of the words though. I'm interested in seeing more of the magic that's going to happen and to see what part of the love triangle war I fall on.
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll: I've read 3 of the 5 stories in this one so far, and I'm really enjoying it. The art style and how it incorporates with the stories is so cool. The stories all have this creepy, macabre feel to them, which I'm enjoying. I will say some of the stories have ambiguous endings, especially the first one. I have guesses for what happened, but no out-and-out explanation of Yes! that's exactly what happened. I'm reading this one semi-slowly just so I can get farther in Shadow and Bone. This probably would have been a great Halloween read, if I had managed to read it when Halloween was still coming up.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment