Monday, November 16, 2015

Review: Willowgrove (Hemlock #3) by Kathleen Peacock


Title: Willowgrove (Hemlock #3)
Author: Kathleen Peacock
Published by: Katherine Tegen Books
Released: 2015
Summary: The conclusion to the Hemlock trilogy is here and the fate for all our characters hang in the air. Mac's town has been torn apart. Werewolf supporters and Werewolf haters have swarmed the town in preparation for a huge demonstration. Mac, Kyle, and Jason want to tell the world what happened at Camp Thornhill, in order to stop it from happening to any other wolves. Serena is broken after her experience there, but now there are people out to get her again. Mac must protect those she loves in a time full of hate and violence.
My Thoughts: I'm so sad this had to end, but I'm satisfied with how it ended. This was just as intense as all the other books in the series have been. There is so much on the line for Mac and her family. In a way, this book kind of mirrors what's going on in our present with the protests and hate that have been happening in various places across the United States.
One thing I love about this series is how intense it is. I think most people tend to dismiss it as just another paranormal YA series, they don't give it the chance it deserves. It really is an awesome series that I recommend to everyone. I hope Kathleen Peacock writes more books, because I will definitely read them all.
I kind of have mixed feelings on the love interests/triangle thing that happens in it. I really love both of the guys. Sometimes, I almost root for Jason to win and have a chance, because I really do like him and he has shown how much Mac and Kyle mean to him. But I do really like Kyle too. It's just a tough one for me to decide.
And this last book kind of broke me with something that happens. I won't spoil anything, but have some tissues handy. I'm not a crier when it comes to books, (unless it's the killing of a dog or some other harmless animal that I have become semi-attached to) but the scene in this really did cause me to tear up. When it comes to losing someone in a story, it couldn't be any more heart-wrenching then the scene in this. I'm really attached to all these characters and I just can't handle losing anybody.
I also really enjoyed the epilogue. I felt it was a really truthful way to wrap things up. There is no happily-ever-after, the world is not magically fixed at the turning of the last page. But Mac, Jason, and Kyle are attempting to live their lives and be involved in creating a new normal world.
I love this series. I really want everybody and their cousin to read it. It's so much more then what you expect. So good. So heart-wrenching. I love it. And I want Kathleen Peacock to write something else for me to devour!!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
A Satisfying Ending to a Great Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment