Thursday, November 26, 2015

Review: Sweet by Emmy Laybourne


Title: Sweet
Author: Emmy Laybourne
Published by: Feiwel and Friends
Released: 2015
Summary: The next great thing is here, Solu! Are you sick of feeling flabby and overweight, but don't want to watch what you eat or exercise? If you said yes to that statement, then Solu is the perfect solution for you! Just add our tasty artificial sweetener to anything you would normally eat with sugar, and voila, you're on your way to losing that excess body fat. Before the public release of Solu, we are pleased to announce a few lucky people will get to try it before anyone else. We are selling tickets for the Extravagance, The Cruise to Lose. Buy your tickets now to be the first lucky people to try Solu and live life better. **side effects may vary. Not everyone will have a pleasant experience with Solu. There have been reports of rapid weight loss, irritability, and in rare cases psychosis. Take at your own risk** Being your best self is only one lavender packet away!
My Thoughts: I found Sweet to be a fun, fast read. I found the premise to be interesting and entertaining. I liked the gradual decline into crazyville that happened on the ship. There were some parts of the story that I wasn't sure about or wasn't a fan of, but for the most part, I really enjoyed the story. It was a fun, quick read full of craziness.
I thought the two main characters were okay. I probably liked Laurel more than I liked Tom. Tom sometimes felt a little fake to me and very into himself.
I also wasn't the biggest fan of the relationship part of the story. I enjoyed them getting to know each other and the little bit of flirting, but didn't enjoy it when they became a thing. If there had been no relationship in the story, I would have been happier.
My favorite part of the book was witnessing the descent into craziness on the ship. Boy did the crazy happen. In that aspect, the story was really fast-paced and fun.
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. Some things I questioned. To me, a central question is can a person recover from what Solu turns them into. I won't say that the ending is necessarily happy.
Overall, this was a fun read. Very fast-paced and a story that kept me entertained. I would recommend reading this just because it is fun. Suffer through the romance bits and enjoy the craziest cruise you've ever been on.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
One Crazy Cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment