Friday, November 20, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#43)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Title: The Awesome
Author: Eva Darrows

The main reason I was drawn to this book was the cover. That cover is cool. Don't try to deny it, cause you know I'm right. The synopsis didn't sound too bad either. It's about this girl named Maggie who comes from a family of monster hunters. She wants to graduate from apprentice to journeyman, but to do that she has to get rid of one thing, her virginity.
I'm definitely enjoying this. I love the monster hunter aspect to it. I love books like that. I also really like Maggie's character because she's full of snark. And her relationship with her Mom is really nice too.
The thing that I feel awkward about is the whole virginity thing. It just seems a little icky for her to have to lose it in order to continue with her job. And just the way that she goes about trying to lose it. I don't know, I just felt awkward reading those parts, and I mean those are pretty graphic parts to the story. This definitely is not for the younger YA crowd.
I do like it though. It's a lot of fun. So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment