Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review: Erased (Altered #2) by Jennifer Rush


Title: Erased (Altered #2)
Author: Jennifer Rush
Published by: Little, Brown and Company
Released: January 2014
Summary: Sam, Cas, Nick, and Anna are on the run from the Branch. Always on alert and always on the move, Anna fears her life will always be like this. When someone from their past reappears, Anna and the Boys embark on another journey of danger and discovery. Thrilling, Addictive, and Action-Packed; Erased is a great addition to Jennifer Rush's Altered series.
My Thoughts:  Loved it! So, So Good. I really enjoyed Altered when I read it, so it was a no brainer to pick up Erased as soon as possible. Erased had all the elements that I so enjoyed in Altered, there was plenty of action, twists and turns, and the fast-paced, must read to the end of the book quality that made it awesome.
Erased picks up pretty much right where Altered ended. Anna and the Boys are still on the run from the Branch, always looking over their shoulder and never able to stay in one place for long. When a face from their past shows up, they are thrown into more confrontations with the Branch in an effort to uncover the secrets surrounding their histories.
This series is so much fun. I love the cast of characters. Anna and the Boys are a true family, and they will do anything for one another. It was nice seeing Sam and Anna happy with each other. Cas is always a lot of fun, but he could have had a greater presence in this book. Nick is the bad boy, sullen heartthrob who we can't wait to learn more about. I was glad to have so many scenes with Nick in them. 
What I probably love most is how tough Anna is. It is nice to see a female character who can take care of herself without being a damsel in distress, waiting for someone else to save her.
I also really enjoy how the book, and the whole series really, plays out like an action movie. So quick, fast-paced, and so easy just to breeze through.
I will say that I suspected some of the twists and turns, and the reveal of one adversary didn't really surprise me. I was surprised that Anna and Sam didn't figure it out sooner really.
I am a major fan of this series. I love the action, how quick the story goes, and the cast of characters that I get to spend time with. I can't wait to see what happens next, so I'm highly anticipating the third book. I honestly recommend this series to everybody. So fun!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
So, So Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment