Monday, March 20, 2017

Review: After Eden (#1) by Helen Douglas


Title: After Eden (#1)
Author: Helen Douglas
Published by: Bloomsbury
Released: 2013
Source: Library

Summary: There's something mysterious about the new boy at school, Ryan. He's got an accent nobody can place, has never heard of Hitler, and doesn't know anything about pizza or nachos. Ryan is also very interested in Eden's best friend Connor. He wants to know what he's like, what clubs he's involved in, and wants to form some sort of connection with him.
Eden is falling for Ryan, and she becomes an integral part in why Ryan moved to town.
My Thoughts: I'm going to try to keep the first part of my review spoiler free. I think that this book is more fun when you go into it blind, when you don't know what to expect. I requested the second book on Netgalley to review, without knowing it was the second book, like you do, so I needed to read the first book first.
I enjoyed this book. I thought it had an interesting premise. It was a pretty quick read too.
The only downside I would give it was that the teen romance kind of took over everything. Eden falls fast and hard for this boy she's just met. I'm not always the biggest fan of insta-love, and a boy becoming the sole thing in a girl's world. So that was a downside for me, but might not be a downside for everybody.
***SPOILER TIME I really enjoyed the time travel aspect. I liked how Ryan's mission had some real weight to it. I also liked how the aspect of fate came into play with it. That was probably my favorite part. SPOILER OVER***
After Eden was an enjoyable read. I'm excited to see where the sequel goes. This was a quick, fun read, and I'd say go ahead and check it out!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.3/5
Not Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment