Monday, April 17, 2017

Review: iZombie, Volume 1: Dead To The World by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred


Title: iZombie, Volume 1: Dead To The World
Written by: Chris Roberson
Art by: Michael Allred
Letters by: Todd Klein
Published by: DC Comics
Released: 2011
Source: Library

Summary: Gwen is a zombie. Not a kill everyone, slobbering mess zombie though. She is able to keep her humanity, and flesh eating urges at bay, as long as she is able to feast on a brain once in awhile. She works as a gravedigger, which means she's got good access to relatively fresh brains. Every time she eats a brain, she is flooded with images of that person's life. The most recent brain she eats is from someone who died unnaturally, someone who might have been murdered. Gwen must solve the crime with the help of her friends, a ghost and were-terrier respectively, while also hiding the fact that she's the living dead.
My Thoughts: This was all right. It wasn't really anything like the show, which I was okay with. I don't really watch the CW show. I'm still bitter that it took the time slot of my beloved, and canceled, Hart of Dixie.
I don't feel like this was a first volume that really explained everything, or gave good background. It kind of felt like I jumped in to the middle of an ongoing thing.
I liked the art. It had a lot of color and was just fun to look at. It really reminded me of that Scooby Doo style/vibe.
I wouldn't say no to continuing with this series. I liked it well enough, and it had a fun feel to it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Not Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment