Monday, April 24, 2017

Review: Lark Ascending (Skylark #3) by Meagan Spooner


Title: Lark Ascending (Skylark #3)
Author: Meagan Spooner
Published by: Carolrhoda Lab
Released: 2014
Source: Library

Summary: Lark has to go back to where it all started to save everyone she loves. The City she comes back to is very different than the one she left. Lark is ready to face the Institute, the people that lied to her, tortured her, changed her. Lark is ready to make her last stand.
My Thoughts: I thought this was a pretty good ending to this series. This series has never been an absolute favorite of mine, but it has been one that interested and stuck with me. Meagan Spooner is the co-author of the These Broken Stars Trilogy, and after reading this series, I can definitely see where her influence comes in. She is really good at writing hard, dangerous treks and journeys. She is also really good at developing really believable and satisfying relationships.
Through all three books, I don't feel like I ever really understood the world. Why it was the way it was. How it could (maybe) be fixed. It was just too confusing for me to get. I would have liked for things to be explained better.
In this finale, I got kind of tired of Lark's hero-complex thing. She almost seemed disappointed, and jealous, when everyone didn't fawn over her as savior. Her attitude got a little annoying.
My favorite part of this series has been Oren. I love how his character has grown, how I could always feel his struggle. He's also been the best for supporting and standing by Lark.
As a finale, this book was just okay. I didn't find it to be the most memorable overall. This series, while I didn't love it, has been interesting and stuck with me. My favorite parts have been the post-apocalyptic feel, and Oren. I'd say it's interesting enough to deserve a read.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.2/5
Decent enough

No comments:

Post a Comment