Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Biggest Book Hangovers

This week's Top 5 Wednesday, is our Top 5 Biggest Book Hangovers. I'm taking this topic to mean books that left such an impression on me, that I had trouble moving on to something else. Does that make sense? Like I read some books, and I either love them so much or am shocked by them so much, that it is hard for me to move on to the next read. It does leave me with that sort of hangover feeling. Not all the books on this list are my favorite books, or even 5 star books, but they are definitely books that provided an experience for me. I don't know if my words are properly explaining what I want them to. But anywaysss...

Honorable Mention

- The Vault of Dreamers (The Vault of Dreamers #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien: This one was a surprise book hangover read. It started out feeling very contemporary and had that cool, kind of boarding school feel, but the more I read, the crazier it got. The ending just shocked me. I'm still just gripped by it. It made me want the sequel in my hands right at that minute. Because of how shocked and caught up in the story I was, it made it hard to start something new when I finished it. It was just so much fun to read and I didn't want it to stop.

 

5. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: This book just gripped me from page one and wouldn't let me go. So brutal and shocking, and a whole lot of fun. I'd never really read a Western before, so I became a fan after reading this. There were so many twists and turns. A sweet little romance. A main character that really meant it when she said she was out for revenge. I just loved it. Gave it 5 stars. So I was sad when I finished it and didn't have it to read anymore, and by that I mean read for the first time. So my hangover came from realizing that I had finished it and now it was time to move on to something else.
4. The Merciless (#1?) by Danielle Vega: This was not a 5 star book for me, I think I ended up giving it a 3.5/5. My hangover from this one occurred just because of how shocking this was. I know when I was reading it, that my jaw just dropped. This book was an experience, at times a graphic and horrifying one, but it was also kind of fun to read. The ending was also not really an ending, which probably made it that much harder to move on to something else.

 

3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (#6) by J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter always gives me a book hangover feeling. I also read this pretty much right after its release date. I devoured it, and then knowing that I had to wait quite a while for the next book, just made it that much worse. That ending was such a shock. It was hard finishing this and then having to move on to something else. I always want more Harry Potter.
2. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (#5) by J.K. Rowling: Same kind of deal with Harry Potter #5. So many feels in this book. That ending, oh the despair that it caused me. This is also my favorite book in the whole series.


1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl: This one was such a fun experience to read. I was just sucked into this story and didn't know up from down or left from right. It led me in so many different directions, so many different feelings. And all that build up for it to end without giving me what I really wanted. I was just immersed in this book. I didn't want to finish it, yet I did. It was just such an experience to read. I had so much fun with it and it was kind of sad to have to move on to something else.

So those are my Top 5 Biggest Book Hangovers. So what did you think? Are my answers stupid? Do we share any? Let me know in the comments below. I love to talk books. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a fun, new topic to consider and discuss. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!

No comments:

Post a Comment